Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Food for sleep

Have you ever lay in bed at night, slowly drifting off, rehashing the days events? Have you ever lay in bed rehashing the days events, & suddenly thought of food? Have you ever suddenly thought of food in bed, & not been able to sleep until you eat said food?

This is a problem I have a lot.

I love food. I spend a great deal of time eating it, & thinking about it. I love to indulge my random cravings, & I think it's better for my own well-being that I don't stop myself from eating what I love. But because I'm so...self indulgent, I have zero self-control.

So it's around 12:00 am, I'm not very tired, but my thoughts are drifting. I start thinking about a blog I read, in which there is a very random, & irrelevent line about how much the author hates olive tapenade. I don't remember the rest of the blog, but some how that one line stuck in my head.

Did I mention I love olive tapenade?

I ended up laying in bed for another half an hour thinking about tapenade, & olives in gereral, while trying to convince myself that I'd rather stay in bed, than go digging in the back of the fridge--where I know there will be some delicious sicilian olives.

My stomach won the battle. It always does. Thankfully, it was just olives, & not some thing weird that we wouldn't have in the house.

So I've had my olives, now I'm having a hot cup of tea. Hopefully I'll be asleap with in the next hour.

Love & catfish,
Ariel

No comments: